- Basic costs:
- 2.780,00 €
- Full service:
- 5.280,00 €
Perú - 6,768 m (22,205 ft)
Join our SummitClimb Perú team:
✪ Highly experienced mountain experts
✪ Explore the Cordillera Blanca
✪ Climb Alpamayo & Huascarán
✪ Mountaineering at its finest
1 - easy / simple
2 - quite difficult
3 - difficult
4 - very demanding
5 - extreme
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
Alpamayo & Huascarán Climb - Perú Expedition
- Basic costs:
- 2.780,00 €
- Full service:
- 5.280,00 €
Airport of departure:
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, München oder Wien (o.a. Orte, EU)
Costs - Perú Expedition
Full-service participation makes you member of a guided expedition to in Perú giving you a good chance to reach the summits of Alpamayo and Huascaran, and with a little luck even more 6000m-peaks.
- from 2 participants guaranteed with IVBV-mountain-guide
- from 8 participants with SummitClimb-leader
- max. 12 participants in the group
Basic members jpoin the same logistics up to base camp. From there they climb as independent group, whereby to join as basic member a minimum of 2 joint applications is needed. You climb independently with your partner group and are responsible for your high camp setup, all necessary climbing gear (in general no fixed ropes in the Peruvian Andes) and climbing tactics.
We would be happy to put together an individual offer for your mountaineering trip or expedition in Perú. Please contact us.
Costs and Services - Alpamayo and Huascarán Expedition
Our Peru Expedition includes (for full-service membership):
- SummitClimb leadership:
- from 8 participants to max. 12 participants with an international guide
- guaranteed from 2 participants with Peruvian guide, IVBV / AIMGA - certified
Travel to Peru - Start of expedition:
- International flight from Europe or USA:
- Economy Class from most major hubs (upgrade upon request)
- Please request details for your location
Basic price (only these services):
- Organization of expedition
- All transfers from/to Lima as in the itinerary
- Lima: 2x overnight stays in ***hotel (double, sharing) with breakfast
- Huaraz: 5x overnight stays ***hotel (double, sharing) with breakfast
- Santa Cruz Trekking, donkey support - personal luggage 20 kg
- Group material and material transport to base camp
- Lounge tent, cooking tent, and kitchen materials
- Meals (breakfast, packed lunch, and dinner) at base camp
- Hot and cold water, drinks (coffee, tea) at base camp
- At base camp: 2-person tent (single tent on request)
- Fees for the Huascarán National Park
- Medical equipment - Emergency pharmacy
- Satellite phone
- UHF/VHF radio for each team
Full-service additionally includes:
- Ascents with Peruvian IVBV/UIAGM mountain guide / international leader:
- 1 guide per 2 members on Alpamayo
- 1 guide per 3 members on Huascaran
- High Camp: Alle necessary group equipment like tents (sharing), stoves, food
- Group gear: Ropes, snowbars and ice screws for the ascent
- Flights from/to EU or USA (Economy, most hubs)
- Travel insurance
- Dinner and lunch for hotel accommodation in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal equipment, high camp porters
- Snacks, alcoholic beverages, tips.
Itinerary - Alpamayo & Huascarán expedition
Drive: approx. 8 hrs.
Participation - Peru Expedition
Costs for a single room in Lima (2 nights) and Huaraz (max. 5 nights).
Flight to Peru: business upgrade
The flight to Peru, South America, is long. Due to the time difference, you fly from Europe in one long day there and two days on the return flight. A pleasant business class flight is certainly nice there. The advertised costs of this upgrade refer to the foreseeable costs if booked in time (at least 3 months before departure). If there are additional costs, we will of course discuss these with you before the final flight booking.
Luxury accommodations (4/5*) in Lima and Huaraz, exclusive 4x4 transportation, exclusive service during the program, the newest tents.
Business or first-class flights and 1:1 guided tours can be organized on request.
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
SummitClimb Peru Add-On (extra 5 days)
Day 1: Cusco
Flight from Lima to Cusco (or arrival until 8:00 pm by other means of transport), transfer to hotel (check-in from 1:00 pm).
Day 2: Chinchero – Moray – Maras – Ollantaytambo
Pick-up in the morning from your hotel in Cusco and start of our adventure in the north of the region. Chinchero is our first place to visit where we meet the local community and visit the Center for Traditional Textiles. We continue with the Archaeological Site of Moray considered an agricultural laboratory of the Incas. We go to the town of Maras to visit the Salt Mines. At Urubamba Town we will have a buffet lunch - Peruvian cuisine. Continuing with our tour we visit the Archaeological Site of Ollantaytambo, which in the time of the Incas was a tambo, meaning a place to rest. After the tour we go to the hotel in Ollantaytambo to spend the night.
- Cusco Altitude: 3,350 m (10,990 feet)
- Chinchero Altitude: 3,762 m (12,342 ft)
- Moray Altitude: 3,762 m (12,342 ft)
- Maras Altitude: 3,762 m (12,342 ft)
- Urubamba Altitude: 2,780 m (9,120 ft)
- Ollantaytambo Altitude: 2,790 m (9,153 ft)
Day 3: Start of the Inka Trail: Cusco to Wayllabamba
Very early in the morning we pick you up from the hotel and take you to kilometer 82, where we the Trail begins. The first kilometers are easy to walk. We can enjoy the beautiful view of La Veronica and we walk close to the Vilcanota River until we reach the archaeological complex of Llactapata for lunch. After the meal we continue to our first camp in Wayllabamba where we spend the night after a refreshing dinner.
Day 4: Wayllabamba - Warmiwañusca Pass - Pacaymayo
After a comforting breakfast, we start our second day of trekking, perhaps the most difficult because we have to climb up to the Warmihuañusca pass, at 4,200 meters above sea level. This is the highest point of the Inka Trail, where we will be able to enjoy a panoramic view of the snowy mountains that surround the pass. After lunch begins the descent to the valley of Pacaymayo, where we make our second camp.
Day 5: Pacaymayo - Runqurakay - Sayacmarca - Phuyupatamarca - Wiñayhuayna
In the early morning after energetic breakfast, we start the trek. After half an hour we reach the archaeological group of Runqurakay. From this point, the path is paved and in certain places, it reaches up to 2 meters. You can witness the quality of Inca engineering. We visit Sayacmarca, a beautiful architectural complex. We pass through a tunnel to reach the archaeological group of Phuyupatamarka. There the descent begins, along a highly attractive path, with dense vegetation, extremely rich fauna, and flora. We then arrive at Wiñayhuayna to set up our third and last camp.
Day 6: Wiñayhuayna - Sun Gate - Machu Picchu
The big day has arrived !!! After breakfast, we continue the walk to reach Intipunku (Sun Gate) and admire the spectacular sunrise in the lost city of Incas «Machu Picchu». We descend for 1 hour, we enjoy a guided tour of the most important remains (2 hours), then you can explore the mysterious city at your own pace or hike to the Huayna Picchu Mountain (optional and extra cost). We take the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes and return to the city of Cusco.
Day 7: Cusco – Lima – Huaraz
Flight from Cusco to Lima, from where you continue with the Alpamayo & Huascaran expedition group to Huaraz.
Add 5 days: Day 1 / Day 7 are already days of your Peru expedition itinerary (day 2 / day 3), hence this add-on requires 5 additional days regarding your Alpamayo and Huascaran climbing expedition.
Family / Friends can also join this 7-day tour separately. Please ask for your personal Peru package.
Book early: Please request details and availability. We generally need you to book at least 6 months ahead to secure appropriate spots for Machu Pichu.
Services of the Inca Trail 5-day-Add-On
- Airport transfers
- Flight: Lima - Cusco - Lima (Economy, non-flex)
- 2 x night ***hotel in Cusco B/B
- 1 x night **hotel in Ollantaytambo B/HB
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco
- Official tourist transport
- Professional Guide, accredited by the Peruvian Government
- Guided tour in Spanish or English
- Food, buffet lunch in Urubamba
- Bus until kilometer 82 = start of the Inka Trail
- Bus tickets going down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Tourist train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Tents (four-person tent) sharing
- Porters (only for tents, lunch, and camping equipment)
- First aid kit
- Food 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, and 3 Dinners, Vegetarian option (no extra charge)
- All the taxes
- Food in Aguas Calientes
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, etc.)
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Lunch (day1 and day 6): free choice / going out
Costs: USD 1850.- per person (sharing double/twin)
Single supplement total (for add-on program): USD 310.-
(hotel USD 130.- / tents USD 180.-)