- Basic costs:
- 11.750,00 €
- Full service:
- 29.750,00 €
1 - easy / simple
2 - quite difficult
3 - difficult
4 - very demanding
5 - extreme
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
- Basic costs:
- 11.750,00 €
- Full service:
- 29.750,00 €
Airport of departure:
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, München
Costs and Services - K2
Basic costs include the following services:
- International flight ticket: Economy from Europe (budget EUR 750) with coordination of group members.
- Arrival & Departure: Airport – Hotel transfers Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Pakistan Government to climb K2.
- Liaison Officer: 1 Liaison officer with all his costs
- Garbage Management: Garbage Deposit fees.
- Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all employees by SummitClimb and our subcontractors in Pakistan
- Hotel Accommodation In Islamabad: 2 nights hotel at 3*hotel in Islamabad (B&B, Twin sharing)
- Welcome Dinner: Islamabad with expedition team and some of our staff
- Team transportation for our members:
- Domestic Flight for all members for Islamabad to Skardu and Skardu to Islamabad, alternative drive by the Karakoram Highway
- Drive by Jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu
- Trekking with guide and porters/mules for luagage from Askole to base camp (50kg allowance) and back (40kg allowance)
- Hotel Accommodation In Skardu: max. 4 nights hotel at 3*hotel (B&B, Twin sharing) in Skardu or along the route (if necessary)
- Baltoro Trek - Accommodation: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) at campsites during the trek along all necessary equipment (comfortable tent, twin sharing) and well-trained staff
- Base Camp - Services:
- Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & Kitchen Helpers
- All staff salary & allowance: All Pakistani staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee)
- Base Camp manager
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have an individual tent in Base Camp, foam mattresses and pillow.
- Base Camp Group Tents: 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, min. 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Pakistani base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Heater: Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
- Solar/Generator/Light: 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Medical kit: Pharmaceuticals, medical devices, emergency oxygen - for group and staffs
- Communication: UVF-radio to contact Base Camp for each party of 2 basic climbers.
Full-service K2 Climb
Additional to the basic costs in the full-service membership included are:
- Experienced Expedition leader: Very experienced 8000m-SummitClimb-Leader (min. 6 members, max. per each 12 full-service-members)
- High Altitude Porters (HAP): At 1:1-ratio per member for setup of high camp setup and summit push (not a 1:1 guide-ratio, available as upgrade)
- O2-Set: Mask, Regulator and 4 bottles of oxygen, and transport by HAP-team to high camps:
- 3 bottles for personal use
- 1 bottle for HAP-support-team
- Group climbing equipment: high altitude tents (sharing), necessary cooking gas, cooking-set per tent, high food for member, high camp shovels, fixing gears, fixed static lines (min. 3km) and dynamic ropes
- Communication: Satellite Phone for emergency communication carrying by guide, UVF-radio for staff/members, tracking device for guide.
Additional Services available on our K2 climb
Personal 1:1 Guide: While our 1:1-ratio on HAP allows a perfect setup for fixing the route and building high camps, they will not be able to guide you 1:1 due to exactly those tasks. In case you want a 1:1 guide, we have different options for you: Pakistani Guide, Sherpa-Guide from Nepal, and International (IVBV) guide.
Individual packages: Request your desire and we will send you a quote for your unique SummitClimb-expedition
We can organize your flight solution from the USA, Canada, and other parts of the world (costs upon request) or deduct our budget in case you arrange your own flight (additional USD 50 for each airport transfer, per vehicle).
K2 expedition itinerary
Our expedition to K2 is planed along the following 7-week-timeframe. Pre-Arrival, extension, and fast-track options are available.
- Day 1: Flight to Pakistan
- Day 2: Arrive in Islamabad early in the morning, pick-up, gear check and training at Margalla hills, group welcome dinner.
- Day 3: Fly from Islamabad to Skardu, dribe to the hotel with garden overlooking the Indus River. Relax and acclimatize to Pakistan, at 2,280 m / 7,580 ft
- Day 4: Final day to organize equipment and prepare our expedition.
- Day 5: Drive to Askole in jeeps 2,900m / 9,520 ft
- Day 6: Trek to Jhola, at 3025 m / 9,925 ft
- Day 7: Trek to Paiju, at 3370 m /11,057 ft
- Day 8: Trek to Urdukas, at 4,200 m / 13,780 ft
- Day 9: Trek to Goro 2 4, at 4,400 m / 14,435 ft
- Day 10: Trek to Concordia, at 4,600m /15,180 ft
- Day 11: Arrive K2 base camp 5,150m / 16,900 ft
- Day 12-14, Build the base: Rest days in base camp. We organize our equipment, go on short hikes & climbs for acclimatization. If climbers are feeling well and the weather allows, we may begin our rotation to the high camps.
- Days 15 - 25, Acclimatization: We make at least one rotation climbing to the High Camps 1, 2, 3, and potentially touch Camp 4 (for members without oxygen) before making our summit attempt. This 3-5 day rotation is followed by at least two rest days at base camp. Additional 4-6 reserve days for weather/conditions.
- Days 26 - 40, K2 climb: We plan to ascend and descend in 5 days. Additional 10 days allow for an extra rotation, waiting for a weather window, or other uncertainties. We plan our summit push end of July / beginning of August (statistical the best time)
- Day 41-42: Organize gear for departure
- Day 43: Trek to Goro 2.
- Day 44: Trek to Paiju.
- Day 45: Trek to Askole.
- Day 46: Drive from Askole to Skardu by jeep.
- Day 47: Fly from Skardu to Islamabad.
- Day 48: Islamabad, evening flight
- Day 49: Flight and arrival at home.
To climb K2
Your ascent should be well prepared and you should meet all the necessary requirements. We only accept experienced high-altitude mountaineers as participants in our team and look forward to getting to know you during the application and preparation process.
Pakistan - Red Tape
K2 expedition - participation
Soon we will specify more details here for the requirement that are needed to climb K2 with our expedition team.