- Full service:
- 3.995,00 €
EBC Trek - Nepal
11. May - 26. May 2024
12. Oct - 27. Oct 2024
19. Oct - 03. Nov 2024
02. Nov - 17. Nov 2024
21. Dec - 05. Jan 2025
Everest Nepal - Highlights:
+ Classic way to Base Camp
+ Sherpas, Buddhism and monasteries
+ Kala Patthar Ascent (5,620m)
+ SummitClimb Himalaya Expertise
Island Peak Ascent (6,189m):
+ Addition in only + 4 days.
+ Good mountaineering start
Technical skills: Hiking
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
Everest Basecamp Nepal
- Full service:
- 3.995,00 €
Airport of departure:
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, München (EU, Anfrage andere euro. Flughäfen)
11. May - 26. May 2024
12. Oct - 27. Oct 2024
19. Oct - 03. Nov 2024
02. Nov - 17. Nov 2024
21. Dec - 05. Jan 2025
Costs and Services - EBC Trek
- Leadership/ Trekking guide:
- from 2 participants by experienced English speaking SummitClimb Sherpa-guide
- for 8 to 14 participants additionally by SummitClimb expedition leader / tour guide
- International flight to Nepal (Kathmandu) and back, pre. with Air India or Turkish Airlines:
- ECONOMY, incl. 20 kg free luggage and hand luggage (7-10kg)
- Various departure airports in Europe
- Other locations, upgrade, without flight: On request
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu
- 4 x ***hotel nights in double room in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Reception and assistance in Kathmandu, visit to Swoyambu and Durbar Square
- Transfer and domestic flights from Kathmandu (or Ramechhap) to Lukla and back
- Trek: All overnight stays in lodges in double room with half board according to the program:
- Breakfast with tea / coffee
- Dinner with tea / coffee
- Meals on the trek: 2l boiled water per participant, packed lunch or lunch in a lodge
- Luggage transport with yaks/carrier - personal bag up to 15 kg
- All necessary fees for trekking: entrance fees for Sargamatha (Mount Everest) National Park, TIMS card and Pasang Lhamu Rural Municpality Fee
- Extensive emergency first aid kit
- Personal equipment
- Private expenses (such as telephone, alcoholic beverages, gifts, etc.)
- Dining out in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance (health and accident, cancellation)
- Costs for Nepal Visa (up to 30 days, USD 50.-).
- gratuities for staff (USD 150.- recommended)
EBC Trek - Itinerary
Our itinerary for the Everest Base Camp trek:
- Day 1: Fly to Nepal
Individual departure to Nepal (please contact us about your travel arrangements)
- Day 2: Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel. Hotel overnight near Thamel, the center of Kathmandu. Dinner together. Hotel overnight B/B.
- Day 3: Flight to Lukla - start trekking*
Drive to Ramechhap, from where we will fly to Lukla. Trekking starts with a short stage to Phakding. Lodge, B&B.
- Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazar
Along the Dudh Kosi River we cross the valley several times over suspension bridges and reach Sagarmatha National Park where we register the group. The famous Hillary Bridge leads to the steep climb to Namche Bazar. Lodge overnight.
- Day 5: Namche Bazar
The former important trading town, regional seat for Khumbu can be called the capital of the Sherpa kingdom. For acclimatization, rest is the best remedy: stroll through the alleys, visit the many cafes, German Bakery and the market. Lodge overnight.
- Day 6: Trek via Tengboche to Pangboche
With a view of the magnificent Ama Dablam, we trek to Sanasa and descend to the Phunki Tenga river and from there back up to Tengboche (also Thyangboche) where we visit the famous monastery of the same name. We continue hiking to the Sherpa village of Pangboche, where we spend the night. Lodge overnight.
- Day 7: Trek to Pheriche
Along the relatively flat trail, the shapely Ama Dablam accompanies us and now reveals the view of its north face, while in front of us the bulwark of Nuptse-Lhotse (and behind it Everest) approaches. Lodge overnight.
- Day 8: Trek to Dughla
From Pheriche trekking through a bizarre high mountain landscape formed by glaciers between Lhotse and Lobuche Peak to Dughla near Chola Lake.
- Day 9: Trek to Lobuche
We continue trekking through the high mountain landscape between Lhotse, Everest and Lobuche Peak to the Sherpa hamlet of Lobuche. Lodge overnight, half board.
- Day 10: Everest Base Camp
Below the impressive Nuptse south face we hike early in the morning to Gorak Shep (5,170 m). At 5300 m.a.s.l. we reach the most famous base camp of the world in the middle of an impressive glacier basin. In spring from April-May you can visit our SummitClimb basecamp of the Mount Everest Expedition. Then we hike back and spend the night in Gorak Shep. Lodge overnight, HP.
- Day 11: Kala Patthar
At 5620 m.a.s.l. today we reach the highest point with the summit of Kala Patthar (5,620 m), an impressive pre-peak below Pumori (7200m). Arguably the most famous mountain panorama in the world awaits us: Mount Everest (8,848m), Lhotse (8,516m), Nuptse (7,861m) surround the Khumbu Icefall. Afterwards some time to enjoy our summit view we descend to Pheriche. Lodge overnight.
Island Peak Climb
This additional program starts on the 12. day of the EBC trek (+4 days, total 20 days including trekking). Well acclimatized we will go to and up the almost 6200m-high Island Peak. For more details please check our upgrades.
- Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazar
Today we follow the way back to Namche. Lodge overnight.
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla
Along the Dud Khosi valley we trek back to Lukla. Lodge overnight.
- Day 14: Flight to Kathmandu*
We say goodbye to the Sherpa region and fly back Ramechhap, then drive to the lively capital of Nepal, Kathmandu. Hotel overnight B/B.
- Day 15: Kathmandu
There will be time for shopping, buying souvenirs and visiting Swayambhunath, Bodhnath and Pashupatinath. In the evening you will say goodbye to our Nepalese friends, the accompanying team and participants. Dinner and exit in Kathmanndu. Hotel overnight, B.
- Day 16/17: Return journey
Airport transfer and return flight. Arrival vors. same day or early next morning.
- It has been notified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) that from 01 October 2022, all flights to Lukla (LUA) will be operated from Ramechhap Airport (RCH) rather than from Kathmandu (KTM). This decision is made to avoid traffic congestion at Kathmandu Airport and for smooth flight operation to Lukla, the gateway to the Everest region for the trekkers.
- Ramechhap has a small airstrip that lies in the town of Manthali, the headquarters of the Ramechhap district. Manthali is around 135 km in distance from Kathmandu with few existing tourist facilities. The drive to the airport from Kathmandu normally takes around 4-5 hours. This doesn't change anything regarding your trekking schedule. Although it adds a challenge to get up early in the morning at around 2-3 AM and travel by road through a winding mountain road to reach the airport.
- Domestic flights in Nepal are visual flights. In case of inclement weather, flights may be cancelled. Compliance with the program depends on the feasibility of the flights. Also, the standard of the airline does not meet EU standards. Summit Travel GmbH / SummitClimb assumes no responsibility for weather problems or other problems of the domestic flight and any additional costs or damages that may arise as a result.
Helicopter - Flights: EBC / Lukla
If you want to avoid traveling to Ramechhap, there is an alternative option to fly by helicopter to Lukla. A helicopter will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla but you have to pay extra costs to charter the flight or to share the flight with other trekkers. So, you need to let us know a day before so we can arrange a helicopter flight to and from Lukla.
- Currently on sharing basis the costs is USD 800 per person
- Charter flights are USD 3200 per helicopter flight Kathmandu to Lukla
Helicopter flights back from Namche Bazar, or a scenic flight above Everest Base Camp up into the Khumbu glacier, then back to Lukla (Kathamdu) can be arranged.
Join our Everest Base Camp Team
You should bring motivation to explore the Everest area together as a team. This well-supervised trekking trip follows the classic route to Everest Base Camp (EBC). Participation is suitable for active hikers and sporty travelers.
Island Peak Ascent
Physical preparation and basic mountaineering skills are required. An ideal introduction to high altitude mountaineering.
Trekking trip, good trails, Nepal.
EBC - Kala Patar: up to 5,600m / 18,600 ft
Island Peak: 6,160 m / 20,210 ft
Overnight stays in lodges with sleeping bag, comfort range down to 0°C necessary (there are additional blankets).
March/Nov: down to - 8°C / 18°F (early morning / Kala Patthar, EBC)
April/Oct: down to -5°C / 23°F (early morning / Kala Patthar, EBC)
Christmas/New Year (somewhat extreme): down to -20°C / -4°F
Island Peak: about 5°C / 8°F colder
Documents / Vaccinations
Visa: With at least 6 months valid EU passport the visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival in Kathmandu (KTM).
Necessary is a valid vaccination certificate or negative PCR test and the completed CCMC form for Nepal.
No vaccinations required, recommended: Tetanus, Polio, Diphtheria and Hepatitis-A, Covid-19.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Participation and Preparation - EBC
Trekking: Endurance for daily hikes with walking times of 4-7h is sufficient. The route is mostly on wide trails and special mountaineering skills are not necessary. You need the willingness to sacrifice comfort as some of the lodges in the Khumbu offer only simple accommodation standards.
The Island Peak climb can be booked optionally and requires mountaineering equipment and some basic experience in mountaineering, knowledge of the use of an ice axe, and crampons, and how to ascent with a fixed rope. We will revirew and train those technics before the ascent. The final summit day covers about 1,000m / 3,300 feet of vertical distance, which typically takes 6-8 hours ascending and 3-4 hours descending.
Local flight Nepal: According to EU law (Regulation No. 2111/2005) we are obliged to inform the passengers about the identity of the operating airlines. All domestic airlines in Nepal do not comply with EU regulations. Especially the domestic flight to Lukla is notorious and there have been several accidents during landing or take-off from Lukla airport.
Travel to Nepal & Rules 2023
Flight: to/from Kathmandu
Visa on Arrival: Under the prevailing law, almost all* foreign nationals with a certificate of complete vaccination against covid-19 or a negative certificate of the Covid-19 test will be able to obtain an on-arrival visa from Immigration Offices at the entry points. Your passport should be valid for min. 6 months at the time of entry.
*exemptions: citizens of Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria, and passengers traveling with travel documents must bring visas from the Nepali embassy or missions abroad.
Before traveling, you need to fill following government form: CCMC form - Nepal
"Our team was small, and we had a blast of a time. Great Sherpa guide, teached a we needed to climb Island Peak, and always positive vibes. Logistics from Katmandu onwards was fantastic. Thanks!"
(Timo A. from Netherlands - 10. November 2022 )
Imja Tse (Island Peak) Climb
Imja Tse means Island Peak. The nearly 6200m high mountain in front of the Lhotse south face is a good mountain to start Himalayan mountaineering, for ambitious trekkers an exciting challenge in snow and ice.
- Altitude: 6,189 m / 20,210 ft
- Nepal, easy high altitude climb (a bit more demanding in winter)
- the popular trekking peak in Nepal
- Nice addition to Everest base camp trekking.
Itinerary for your Island Peak Climb
As part of Everest base camp trekking plus 4 days. After visiting Everest base camp and climbing Kala Patar (5643m) we are well acclimatized. At Chukung we branch off to Imja Tse base camp (5100m). After introductory training the ascent follows.
Day 1 - Chukung: Branching off from Everest Basecamp Trek to Chukung, 4700m
Day 2 - Island Peak Base Camp: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp. 5100m
Day 3 - Training: rest day and preparation for the climb, fixed rope training.
Day 4 - Island Peak Ascent: Shortly after midnight we start towards the summit, 6189 m.a.s.l. We expect about 6-8 hours for the ascent, about 3-4 hours back to base camp.
Reserve day: If necessary (weather permitting), you can still walk out to Pangboche on the day of the climb.
The Island Peak ascent requires mountaineering equipment and fitness for a 10 to 12 hour day's hike. Surefootedness in scree, snow and ice up to 45° steepness and the use of ice axe, crampons and ascender are required.
The normal route is rated WS/PD (low difficulty).
Services of the Island Peak upgrade
- Permit of the NMA
- Leadership / mountain guide by experienced SummitClimb-Sherpa
- Transfer with 15kg personal luggage
- Overnight stays in lodge/tents (+4 days)
- Full board (+4 days)
Additional costs: USD 1,300.- / EUR 1.250,- per person (min. 2 participants)