Technical skills: Hiking
1 - easy / simple
2 - quite difficult
3 - difficult
4 - very demanding
5 - extreme
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
Climb Lhakpa Ri - 7,000m Peak Expedition
Airport of departure:
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, München, Wien oder Zürich.
Lakpa Ri Expedition - Services
Services: More info soon... (under construction).
Lakpa Ri Ascent - Itinerary
Lhakpa Ri expedition - day by day itinerary:
- Day 1: Travel to Nepal
- Day 2: Latest arrival in Kathmandu, 1,350 meters (4,429 feet). Go to hotel
- Day 3: Kathmandu – Go to Chinese embassy for visa, team orientation meeting, purchasing, packing, visit temples, city tour, shopping. Stay at hotel.
- Day 4: Early morning drive to Rusuwaghadi at 2,557 meters (8,389 feet). Stay at hotel.
- Lhasa option: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa or if you are coming from a city in China, arrive in Lhasa on this day.
- Day 5: Enter Tibet, drive to Gyirong at 2,700 meters (8,858 feet) Stay at hotel.
- Lhasa option: Rest in Lhasa, tour Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple, the most sacred building in all of Tibet.
- Day 6: Rest and acclimatization in Gyirong. Walk around the local hills. Stay at hotel.
- Lhasa option: Drive to Shigatse. Rest and acclimate. Tour the surrounding area. Visit the 15th century Tashilunpo Monastery, the largest active monastic institution in Tibet.
- Day 7: Drive to Tingri, 4,300 meters 14,108 feet. Stay at hotel.
- Lhasa option: Drive to Tingri. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area.
- Day 8: Rest & acclimatization in Tingri. Explore surrounding hills and beautiful meadows. See the restoration of the historical Buddhist temples. Stay at hotel.
- Day 9: Drive to Chinese basecamp, 5,200 meters (17,060 feet). Camp.
- Day 10: Rest and acclimatization in Chinese base. Organize equipment and supplies.
- Day 11: Acclimatization hike near Chinese base. Meet the Lama and participate in a Puja ceremony.
- Day 12: Rest & acclimatization in Chinese base. Organize equipment and supplies.
- Day 13: Walk with the yaks halfway to interim camp, 5,800 meters (19,029 feet).
- Day 14: Rest and acclimatization at interim camp.
- Day 15: Walk with the yaks to advanced base camp (ABC) at 6,300 meters (20,669 feet).
- Day 16: Rest at ABC.
- Day 17: Training in ABC.
- Day 18: Training/rest day in ABC.
- Day 19: Walk to the high camp of Lakpa Ri at 6,400 meters (20,997 feet).
- Day 20: Climb to the top of Lakpa Ri - summit: 7,045 meters, 23,114 feet
- Day 21: Rest at ABC
- Day 22: Rest at ABC
- Day 23: Additional climb to Everest Northcol
- Day 24: Rest at ABC
- Day 25: Walk down to basecamp.
- Day 26: Early morning drive to Gyirong. Stay at hotel.
- Day 27: Early morning drive to Kathmandu. Stay at hotel.
- Day 28: In Kathmandu. Final packing, celebration, saying goodbye to new friends
- Day 29: Fly home. Thank you for joining our Lakpa Ri expedition!
Diese Tour kann aktuell leider nicht mehr gebucht werden.
Falls Sie dennoch zu diesem Termin an der Tour teilnehmen möchten, können Sie uns problemlos über das Anfrage Formular eine Nachricht hinterlassen und wir werden Sie auf die Warteliste setzen.