- Full service:
- 4.799,00 €
Mera Peak - 6476m - Nepal
Join us to climb and trek Mera Peak:
✪ The highest trekking peak of Nepal
✪ Wonderful views of Mount Everest and the Central Himalayans
✪ An exciting high tour
✪ Experienced Sherpa guides, Swiss organization
Technical skills: Hiking
1 - easy / simple
2 - quite difficult
3 - difficult
4 - very demanding
5 - extreme
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
Mera Peak Ascent - 6500m Trek
- Full service:
- 4.799,00 €
Airport of departure:
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, München oder Wien (EU)
Costs and Services - Mera Peak Climb
- Organization of the entire trip
- Leadership and Mera Guide:
- SummitClimb expedition leader / European IVBV-Guide (min. 10 members - max. 14 members)
- English-speaking Sherpa-Guide (min. 4 members, for groups upto 9 members)
- Scheduled flights to/from Nepal:
- Departure from major European airports
- incl. 20kg free baggage allowance and hand baggage (7-10kg)
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu
- 4 nights at ****hotel in Kathmandu in a double room/breakfast
- Transfers according to the program incl. domestic flight (additional cost for helicopter from/to Kathmandu if needed or wanted)
- Trekking with full support (from/to Khare Lodge = Base Camp)
- Sidar and yaks and/or porters
- Full board (three meals per day, tea, coffe, 2L of boiled water to carry) at Lodge
- Mera Peak Ascent:
- High-camp equipment: tents, stoves and pots, food (1 camp, upto 2 nights)
- Ropes and necesary climbing equipment
- High-altitude Sherpa including their insurances, equipment, fees
- Guide (IVBV / experienced Sherpa) depending on group size
- Helicopter rescue insurance for Nepalese personnel
- Extensive emergency pharmacy, pulse oximeter and medical oxygen.
- National park fees for the Khumbu area
- NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association) permit for Mera Peak
- Personal equipment
- Private expenses, such as telephone calls, internet vouchers, alcoholic beverages, gifts, etc.
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Visa fees for Nepal (30 days, USD 50)
- Travel insurance (health, accident, travel cancellation)
- Tips / Gratitudes
Mera Peak - Trekking Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 metres (4,265 feet), airport pick-up and transfer to hotel near Thamel.
Orientation day, equipment checking, gear shopping and sightseeing in Kathmandu. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Drive to Salleri town, 2,360 metres (7,740 feet), a town in the foothills of the Himalaya. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Walk to Khiraule, 2,460 metres (8,069 feet). Visit of Chambaling Monastery. Overnight stay in the Teahouse Lodge.
Walk to Cholemkharka, 3,580 metres (11,742 feet). Beautiful hill farming and yak pastures. Overnight stay in the Teahouse Lodge.
Rest day in Cholemkharka, acclimatization hike nearly to 4,000 metres (13,120 feet). Overnight stay in the Teahouse Lodge.
Walk to Khola Kharka, 4250 metres (14,000 feet), passing through famous Panch Pokhari (5 Lakes) mountain range. Overnight stay in the Teahouse Lodge.
Walk to Khare at 5,000 metres (16,404 feet). High alpine village at the starting point for Mera La crossing. Overnight stay in Lodge.
Rest day at Khare, check of the equipment, fixed rope training, acclimatization, exploration of the surroundings. Overnight stay in Lodge.
Climb to Mera Peak High Camp, 5,768 metres (18,924 feet). Amazing views of Everest and all Himalaya. Overnight stay in camp, 2 members per tent.
Extra day for summitting Mera Peak, descend to Khare. Lodge.
Walk down to Tashing Dingma at 4010 metres (13,153 feet). This is a small group of wooden lodges in a beautiful pine forest. Overnight stay in Lodge.
Walk up to Thuli Kharkha - Chetra at 4,300 metres (14,104 feet). Lovely group of teahouses in a mountain bowl surrounded by rocky peaks. Overnight stay in a Teahouse Lodge
Walk over the Chetra-La pass, 4,610 metres (15,120 feet) then down to Lukla at 2,860 metres (9,383 feet). Village containing the famous airport used for flights between the Everest region and Kathmandu. Overnight stay in a Teahouse Lodge.
Transfer to Kathmandu airport, flight back home.
Mera - Summit
The highest TMA-classified trekking mountain is easy to climb, so it is suitable as an entry mountain in Nepal for prepared endurance sportsmen/women or mountaineers/hikers with alpine experience.
Conditions of tour
While trekking: from subtropical to moderate (at night slightly below 0°C from 4000m altitude), there can be a lot of precipitation.
Mera summit day, mornigs down to - 10°C / with wind chill factor down to - 25°C
Travel documents/visa for Nepal:
Citizens of the EU, Switzerland and most OECD countries can obtain the visa for Nepal on arrival with a passport valid for at least 6 months.
For the SummitClimb Mera Peak trekking, each participant needs the personal equipment recommended by us. If necessary, you can buy or rent the complete equipment directly in Nepal.
Participation - Requirements for your Mera Peak Climb
Travel to Nepal & Rules 2023
Flight: to/from Kathmandu
Visa on Arrival: Under the prevailing law, almost all* foreign nationals with a certificate of complete vaccination against covid-19 or a negative certificate of the Covid-19 test will be able to obtain an on-arrival visa from Immigration Offices at the entry points. Your passport should be valid for min. 6 months at the time of entry.
*exemptions: citizens of Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria, and passengers traveling with travel documents must bring visas from the Nepali embassy or missions abroad.
Before traveling, you need to fill following government form: CCMC form - Nepal