- Basic costs:
- 495,00 €
- Full service:
- 750,00 €
Chamonix Expedition Event
Join us for training and mountaineering:
✪ expedition professionals
✪ Beautiful mountains around Mt. Blanc
✪ Excellent training, theory & practice
1 - easy / simple
2 - quite difficult
3 - difficult
4 - very demanding
5 - extreme
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
Expedition Event Chamonix
- Basic costs:
- 495,00 €
- Full service:
- 750,00 €
Airport of departure:
Entfällt - eigene Anreise
Mont Blanc - Chamonix Xvent
- Organization of event
- Guidance and supervision by expedition leaders from the SummitClimb team
- Larger groups: additional IVBV mountain guide(s) for supervisios
- Overview of our planned expeditions, gear-check and advise
- Theoretical and/or practical training
- 1 x overnight stay (dinner and breakfast) in hotel near Chamonix
- 1 x overnight stay in hut/half board or tents/bivouac incl. material
Not included: Costs of cable car (Grand Montets or Aig. de Midi), personal expenses (food, drink, phone calls, etc.), and additional nights in Chamonix.
Xvent Chamonix - itinerary
Meeting point: Chamonix from 16:00
Day 1 (Friday): Meeting in Chamonix
Arrival from respective destination. In the evening we meet for dinner together (approx. 20:00) in Chamonix. Then we check the material for the next day and discuss topics about the expedition. A short talk by the expedition leader will round off the evening.
Day 2 (Saturday): Ascent to the mountains of Chamonix
One of the cable cars will take us to the "Haute Montange" (high mountains) - preferably to the Grand Montets or the Aig. de Midi. Then we climb and train together on a mountain tour. The overnight stay will be in one of the huts, in bivouac or tent.
Day 3 (Sunday): Tour, training - departure
In the morning we enjoy again the mountain world around Mont Blanc. Then the descent takes place, either by ski or by cable car. Extension program on request or return home in the afternoon.
*Due to weather conditions, the mountains around Mont Blanc may make this difficult or even impossible. In that case there is still enough space in and around Chamonix to create an interesting alternative program. In that case, more training content (theory as well as practice) would fill the weekend.
Participation - Chamonix Event
Requirements: You are a participant of one of our expeditions, or interested to join. You are an experienced independent alpinist/mountaineer:
- Technical requirements: Mastery of belay and tie-in knots, experience on glacier tours, rappelling on glaciers and knowledge of crevasse rescue, experience in using crampons and ice axes (at least level basic ice course, i.a. higher). Experience in alpine ice and rock climbing and climbing multi-pitch routes are advantageous.
- Physical requirements: Endurance for a western alpine tour with up to 1500 vertical meters* ascent, approx. 6-8 hours, and descent. Willingness** to forgo comfort for one night (high camp) at a bivouac in the mountains.
Important note: The event is not a mountaineering course. Basic mountaineering skills will not be taught but are expected of all participants.
Mont Blanc Ascent
The Mont Blanc ascent following our expedition event is a good option. We will choose an ascent route that suits your level of performance. With your level of expedition participation, it should be possible to cross Mont Blanc du Tacul to Mont Maudit to the main summit. One level higher, the Kuffner ridge (as a single guided tour) is a good option. In winter the ascents must of course be strongly adapted to the current avalanche situation. The south-facing couloirs or ascents over the couloirs of Maudit offer very challenging ascents.
- organization of climb
- 2 days guided tour by IVBV mountain guide
- 1 night in a mountain hut
- expenses of the mountain guide
- group material
- 2 clients per mountain guide (booking together required): € 995,-
- 1 client per mountain guide (single booking): € 1.890,-
Not included: Accommodation, extra meals/snacks, and cable car rides.
Single supplement: Please request if you are alone.
Personal Coaching for Expeditions (+ 2 days)
This specific training helps you on the way to your expedition goal. In a small group or in individual training you work with our expedition experienced mountain guide on your weaknesses. This way we make you fit for the summit.
The program starts after the expedition event and is coordinated with the participants according to objectives and conditions.
Services of extension
- 2 days of education and training
- Evaluation and recommendations
Not included: Accommodation and meals, cable car rides, expenses of the mountain guide.
About the price: costs for a small group of 2 participants per mountain guide. Individual coaching is possible (double price).