- Basic costs:
- 1.525,00 €
- Full service:
- 4.280,00 €
1 - easy / simple
2 - quite difficult
3 - difficult
4 - very demanding
5 - extreme
Stamina - Endurance
A mountain athlete needs endurance above any other specific fitness skill. Cardiovascular fitness is of course always subject to the movement (as climbing rocks or steep ice, you will not be able to transfer your triathlete or running fitness to mountains without being solid in the required mountaineering skills).
Easy treks to EBC or on top of Kilimanjaro. You should be an active person.
More demanding treks, simple climbs, like the climb of Elbrus. You should be a sportive person regularly exercising (at least 2-3x per week).
Very demanding treks like to the top of Aconcagua, or expeditions at the physical lower level like Ama Dablam. You should be an endurance athlete wit mountaineering experience. You should train endurance at least 3x/week.
Some of our special self-supported 8000m+ peak climbs as on Makalu, or to climb Everest (without oxygen-support) fit into this category. Your endurance should be near the level of a professional mountain athlete.
Similar Climbs and Treks - Overview:
Reiseerfahrungen aus unserem Blog
Lenin Peak - Expedition
- Basic costs:
- 1.525,00 €
- Full service:
- 4.280,00 €
Airport of departure:
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart oder München
Services - Peak Lenin Expedition
- Organization of the entire expedition
- SummitClimb expedition leader:
- Small groups of up to 7 participants are led by one of our most experienced local English-speaking mountain guides,
- Groups of 8 to max 14 full-service participants will additionally be led by one of our international SummitClimb leaders
- Economy flight from Europe to Bishkek-Osh* and back:
- several major airports available
- with 30 kg free luggage and 7-10 kg hand luggage
(you may organize your own flights too and we will meet you on arrival)
- Transfers according to the plan, incl. flight Bishkek-Osh-Bishkek with 30kg personal luggage*
- upto 2 additional nights in Osh (***Hotel), at base camp, or in Bishkek*
*depending on your origin of departure, available flight connections.
Basic package (these services are included in Full Service package):
- climbing permit
- IVIR registration and environmental fee
- Airport transfers in Osh
- 2 overnight stay in Osh, double room, full board
- Transfers Osh - Pik Lenin base camp - Osh
- Complete base camp equipment at Achik-Tasch (3,600m / 11'800 ft):
- stationary tent, food tent, shower tent, storage room, toilet tent, showers and sauna.
- Catering by kitchen crew: 3 meals/day in base camp
- Large double tent in base camp with mattress, on a wooden platform
- Emergency service in base camp (registration with rescue team, radio equipment)
- Medical service at base camp, local doctor present
- All ABC (Advanced Base Camp) equipment (4,200m / 13,780 ft):
- stationary tent, food tent, shower tent, storage room, toilet tent
- Catering by kitchen crew: 3 meals/day at ABC (4,200m / 13,780 ft)
- Double tent in ABC with mattress, on a wooden platform
- Electricity (220V, 50HZ) by a generator: all day in base camp, at night in ABC
- Consultation service for local guides (service against surcharge)
High-camp services for Full-Service participants:
- Leadership by experienced SummitClimb expedition leader on the mountain
- Additional guides per every 3-4 team members including their insurance, equipment, costs
- All high-camp equipment:
- tents for two camps
- stoves and pots, gas
- glacier ropes and fixing ropes
- firn anchors
- High-camp food (to be prepared by yourself)
- High-camp support for group gear (porterage of tents, but not of personal gear)
- Satellite phone on the mountain
- Professional weather forecast (ZAMG Innsbruck)
- Extensive emergency medical kits for high camps
- Personal equipment and private expenses (such as telephone calls, alcoholic drinks, gifts, tips, etc.)
- Day and evening meals in Bishkek / Osh
- Insurances (emergency, evacuation, medical are required, travel cancelation is recommended).
Planed itinerary of the Peak Lenin expedition
Each expedition is subject to flexible planning, adapted to the weather and local conditions.
An ideal plan for our Peak Lenin expedition is shown here:
- Day 1: Departure / international flight to Bishkek or directly to Osh.
- Day 2: Arrival in Osh (direct or domestic flight to Osh), drive to the Atschik-Tasch base camp (3700 m.a.s.l. / 12'150 ft)
- Day 3: Acclimatization, hike to Petrovskogo Peak (approx. 4400 m / 14'400 ft). Descent to base camp. Preparation for the ascent to ABC (Advanced Base Camp)
- Day 4: Ascent to ABC (4400 m / 14'400 ft)). Transport of luggage with horses is possible until here.
- Day 5: Ascent to Peak Domaschnij (4700m / 15'400 ft) for further acclimatization. Descent to the ABC.
- Day 6: Ascent to High Camp 1 (5300m / 17'400 ft)
- Day 7: Another day for acclimatization in High Camp
- Day 8: Ascent to High Camp 2 (6200m / 20'300 ft).
- Day 9: Descent to ABC (or BC)
- Day 10: Rest day in base camp.
- Day 11: Rest day in base camp.
- Day 12: Ascent to ABC (4400 m / 14'400 ft).
- Day 13: Ascent to High Camp 1 (5300m / 17'400 ft)
- Day 14: Ascent to High Camp 2 (6200m / 20'300 ft).
- Day 15: Summit Day - Pik Lenin - 7134 m / 23405 ft - descent to High Camp 2 (6200 m / 20'300 ft).
- Day 16: Descent to ABC (4400 m / 14'400 ft).
- Day 17: Descent to base camp.
- Day 18: Rest day (reserve day for delays, weather, etc.) at base camp.
- Day 19: Drive to Osch, overnight stay in Osch.
- Day 20: Reserve day for bad weather, day off around Osch.
- Day 21: Departure, international flight back home
- Day 22: Arrival home.
Basic members: Min. 2 joint participants, fully capable of climbing the mountain independently.
Personal Guide: At 7000m / 21'000 ft the guide can only work with max. 2 guests (if they know each other) or 1:1.
Participation Requirements - Lenin Peak
Danger note: This expedition is associated with subjective dangers (high-altitude sickness, climbing mistakes, etc.) and objective dangers (avalanches, crevasse fall, weather events, etc.). Even though we try to conduct the tour as safely as possible with all our experience, we cannot guarantee your safety. A high degree of personal responsibility and risk awareness is necessary. Your participation in our expedition is at your own risk and responsibility.
Tien Shan extension
Khan Tengri (7010m) / Peak Pobeda (7439m)
Following the Peak Lenin ascent, you can attempt to climb Khan Tengri and/or Peak Pobeda. Well acclimatized from Pik Lenin this makes a lot of sense for experienced climbers. Ideally, you can reach 3 x 7000m in one season!
Procedure of the Tien Shan extension: As soon as we have completed the Pik Lenin ascent, we will set off for Tien Shan on the other side of Kyrgyzstan. Along the way, we rest a bit and see a lot of this exciting country. As soon as we have reached the base camp by helicopter, we will start climbing the peaks (summit push) directly. Within our group, we normally set as 1st priority the climb of Khan Tengri and as 2nd priority the climb of Peak Pobeda.
We need at least 4 participants to carry out the expedition with our expedition leader. The ascent will be done in alpine style without setting up camp beforehand. The tents will be taken along and set up during the ascent. Partly existing fixed ropes can be used, but we also climb as an alpine rope team, if necessary and appropriate.
Participation: As a participant, you have to be a physically strong and technical experienced climber. Both mountains - Khan Tengri and Peak Pobeda - are considered to be challenging 7000m peaks. Technical terrain up to rock UIAA-III and 60° steepness in ice/firn should be mastered safely. The altitude and the corresponding effort demand excellent fitness.
Services (additional 2 weeks, approx. 15 days):
- Transfers from Lenin Peak to Tien Shan
- Helicopter transfer to Iniltschek base camp
- Full basecamp support (tents, shower, sauna, food)
- Emergency service and doctor at base camp
- High camp material (tents, stoves, gas)
- Access to the fixed ropes at Khan Tengri
- Support and organization by base camp managers
- Support by expedition leader
Full-service participation: EUR 2500 per person
For personal support or help in setting up the high camps, we recommend booking a personal local mountain guide. The earlier - the better: There is only a limited number of good Kyrgyz mountain guides.
Mountain guide for Khan Tengri with 1 or 2, 3 persons:
EUR 1800 / EUR 1000 / EUR 800 - per person
Mountain guide for the Peak Pobeda with 1, 2, 3 persons:
EUR 2500 / EUR 1500 / EUR 1200 - per person
The costs of the mountain guide can be shared with other participants if necessary. Please note your request in the note field.
Personal Guide - Peak Lenin
Single supplement: Lenin Peak
- 3 overnight stays in a ***hotel in Bishkek in a double room/F
- 1 overnight stay in Osch DZ/VP